Health and Safety
The safety of people on or near Hawkins sites is paramount.
Everyone has the right to work in a safe and healthy environment and to return home safely at the end of each day.
We believe that an empowered culture of health and safety amongst staff, subcontractors, clients and our project communities is what drives success.
Our commitment to health and safety is resolute: from the Board and senior leadership through to our staff and partners on the ground. We have a dedicated health and safety team who proactively support employees, subcontractors and other parties to minimise critical risks. Our health and safety committee is led by our CEO Geoff Hunt.
And we’re continually striving for improvement in health and safety, within Hawkins and within our industry. Our commitment includes:
- Foundation member with Site Safe New Zealand attaining tier 3 status ‘Leadership in Safety’
- ACC Tertiary accredited
- Signatory to the Canterbury Rebuild Safety Charter
- Working with Government and currently trialling a non-work place injuries programme with ACC
- Geoff Hunt’s participation in the Business Leaders’ Health & Safety Forum, a coalition of business and government leaders committed to improving the performance of workplace health and safety in New Zealand
- Embracing technology and its role in streamlining health and safety processes.